We are excited to once again be able to open our studio and welcome you back to our dedicated Pilates space from 27th July.
Throughout this period we have been working hard to improve the studio to make sure we keep you (and our instructors) as safe as possible. We have taken the time to review and update our procedures and studio guidance to ensure we are as safe as possible, whilst still making your experience as good as ever – continuing to help you all to move better and move more with movefit pilates.
To assure you all of the procedures and policies we have in place – please review our studio safety summary and guidance below. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this then please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to the studio when you are ready over the weeks ahead.
Anna & Dave – movefit pilates
Welcoming you back safely to our studio
At movefit pilates we are dedicated to making our classes and studio as welcoming and safe as possible for all our clients and guests. Working with guidance from Public Health England and our professional accredited body Body Control Pilates, we have implemented a number of procedures to maintain social distancing, enhance our cleaning and hygiene standards, and allow all clients to exercise safely within our movefit pilates community.
What to expect when you visit our studio:
To help keep everyone fit, safe and able to exercise well at our studio we ask our all clients and guests to:
- Please come to your session in clean clothing, ready and dressed to exercise, and with limited belongings.
- You will be able to leave small items and a bag in one of our designated spaces which will be cleaned between all sessions.
- Toilet facilities will be available, however only one person allowed in this area at a time. Please note, no changing facilities will be available at the studio.
- Arrive for your session on time. To help ensure we leave enough time to clean between all sessions, we won’t allow anyone into their session until the time of their appointment. If you are early, please wait outside the front door until your appointment time. There will be a dedicated waiting area outside of the studio, please use this if required until you are welcomed into the studio by your instructor.
- We ask you to sanitise your hands-on arrival and when entering the building. Sanitising facilities will be available for you at the door.
- When entering the studio, all temperatures will be taken via a non-contact thermometer, and you will be asked to sanitise your hands using the facilities provided (if not done so).
- Please bring a small towel for use during your session. Towels will not be available from the studio.
- You are also advised where possible to bring your own mat, and other Pilates equipment if available to you. We do have mats and equipment available to use – but only if absolutely necessary. We will be cleaning all equipment that is used after every session at the studio, and rotating any equipment used after each class. If you would like assistance purchasing your own Pilates equipment then please contact us at email@example.com
- We will not be enforcing people to wear a mask in your session, however you are welcome to do so if you wish to.
- No shoes are to be worn in the studio, so please be prepared to remove shoes as you enter the building.
- Fresh clean socks are to be worn during your session. Grip socks are available to purchase via the studio, as are grip gloves should you wish to use them. Please ask Anna for more details.
- Once a session begins you will be asked not to move from the zone marked out for you. There will be no passing of equipment, cleaning products, towels or water bottles.
- At the end of each session, the instructor will ask all participants to clean down any borrowed equipment and throw away cleaning materials in the bin provided.
- All classes will have a minimum of 15 minutes between each class to allow for further air circulation, cleaning and movement through the studio.
- On exit of the studio please avoid congregrating outside with others, we know this is a reason many of you enjoy attending at the studio however we must avoid unnecessary crowding in the outside areas where possible.
Reduced studio capacity and class sizes:
We have chosen to limit the number of people allowed in the studio at any one time. Based on current guidelines there will be only one instructor and a maximum of five clients in the studio room at any one time to ensure we maintain social distancing. Each client will have a dedicated space to exercise – marked out clearly on the floor for your convenience. Please keep to these spaces when exercising.
Hygiene and Cleaning Procedures:
As you would expect, we will be carrying out extra cleaning and sanitising throughout the studio and
building both between client sessions and throughout the day. Using professional cleaners and trained staff at the studio, we will clean before and after each studio session, and frequently throughout the week. You may see our cleaners working whilst at the studio, so we appreciate your support and flexibility during this period.
We have stayed in close contact with all of our instructors that use the studio to ensure
everyone is fully aware and trained on procedures. No instructor will be allowed to work at our studio without completing our procedure training beforehand.
Our studio is fitted with a ventilation system, as well as natural ventilation via studio windows and doors. We will also ensure the space is well ventilated outside of session times. Please note that fans and air conditioning will be out of use during this period.
Cancellation & Illness Policy:
If you are feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of Covid 19, please contact us as soon as possible to cancel your sessions. We will not be able to see any clients who are showing signs of Covid 19 such as:
- High Temperature
- A New Continuous Cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- other additional symptons may include muscle aches and pains, fatigue/tiredness, diarrhoea, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache.
Please note – 24-hours notice before the session start time is required for any cancellations, both due to Covid-19 symptoms or any other reason. If notice is given after this period the session will be charged and counted as normal. If you give notice before the cancellation period, the session will be recredited to your account and can be rearranged to another time or class.
Health declaration and studio usage forms:
Before any client or guest uses the movefit pilates Bedford studio they will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Supplementary Questionnaire (Form CVSQ). This will support us all to keep our studio safe for all of our community. By entering the movefit pilates Bedford studio you are making a Covid-19 Health declaration to confirm that:
- You do not have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- You have not received a positive test in the last seven days
- You are not waiting on a Coronavirus test result
- That no member of your household has COVID-19 symptoms or is waiting on a test result
- And to the best of your knowledge you have not been in close contact with anyone who is exhibiting Coronavirus symptoms or has tested positive.
All clients and guests are also expected to maintain social distancing whilst in and around the studio, and adhering to the safety advice and guidance given. On every visit to the movefit pilates Bedford studio you will effectively be making the above Health Declaration
Movefit pilates reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone with a high temperatue or symptoms of Covid-19. We will take any positive test or symptoms from our clients very seriously and follow the correct procedures in place, including closing our studio if deemed necessary. The safety of all of our clients is the most important element to us, and we appreciate your continued support during this period.
Movefit pilates take the privacy of your data very seriously. If required we may be asked by the NHS or contact tracing teams to process your data to support the contact tracing regime to help efforts to reduce and eliminate further infections and localised outbreaks. This is an essential part of ensuring our community, clients and instructors remain safe whilst at our studio. In all cases the data processed would be kept to a minimum, you will be communicated with directly, and in accordance with government guidance.
We appreciate your continued support during this period, and with all the procedures we have in place at our studio. If you have any questions, concerns or comments about this guidance please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO ACCESS OUR FULL COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT REPORT – PLEASE CONTACT ANNA AT email@example.com